Being aware of the importance that the environment has for society and our surroundings, in Alicante Golf we make a great effort to maintain and preserve the course in a sustainable and environmentally friendly manner.
This firm commitment is established in our Quality and Environment Policy, which includes the basic principles with which we design our actions, and we define specific objectives to improve our positive contribution to the environment:
- Preservation of nature: our lakes offer a unique opportunity to promote the local flora and fauna, and especially the bird species, for which we offer nesting opportunities. In the urban surroundings of Alicante Golf, we represent the green lung in the city and an ecological niche very hard to replace.
- Water management: golf courses are no longer a risk for their water consumption, but rather an opportunity for using purified water is that would otherwise hardly be useful. Alicante Golf is an example of management and use of the waters purified in the E.D.A.R. of Monte Orgegia. State-of-the-art tools are also used to control the watering to enable better use and smaller consumptions.
- Control of grass and plagues: in order to maintain a healthy grass that adapts to the climate of the area and the use of low quality water, it is priority to use fertilisers and phytosanitary products of low environmental impact.
- Waste management: we make a particular effort to minimise and suitably manage all waste that we produce by implementing programs that involve users and workers in this area.
- Energy efficiency: energy has become a limited good and one objective is therefore to choose low consumption equipment both in electrical and lighting apparatuses and in the machinery and buggies.
- Communication and awareness raising: the effort to achieve positive results in any environmental management must be common and involve users, workers and neighbours of the course. Only the participation of society as a whole can guarantee the success of the proposed measures, so we therefore act to encourage the proactive help of our social surroundings.
Such an environmental management program must be certified by an independent entity to guarantee the reliability of the actions. Alicante Golf to date has been the only golf course with excellent level Qplus certificate for golf courses, and has also been awarded ISO 14001 environmental certification which is currently being recertified.
Alicante Golf is a course which, for its urban location, would in principle be difficult to classify as a "natural ecosystem" but which thanks to many years of hard work has managed to become an ecosystem of great value for both its users and for the city of Alicante.
Documentos para descargar
Buenas Prácticas Medioambientales
Calidad y Medioambiente
Reulizacion y Reciclaje
Buenas Prácticas Medioambientales en Oficinas